Machine quilting is provided all year round.
When you book your quilt in you are required to pay a deposit
- $20 for stippling, basting and binding (all quilt sizes)
- $30 for pantographs (all quilt sizes)
- $40 for basic custom (all quilt sizes)
Quilting times will vary depending on the booking schedule and what quilting you are having done to your quilt. If you have a specific timeframe on a quilt I need to know at the time of booking, please allow shipping times in your timeframe if you are posting your quilt to me.
Currently custom quilting is available in a limited capacity at Frankenstein’s Fabrics. Please ring to discuss your quilt in more detail before booking in.
Quilt Preparation –
- All quilt tops must be pressed and all loose threads trimmed away
- If you supply your own backing fabric it needs to be pre-washed and ironed
- Backing and wadding must be at least 4-8in all the way around your quilt top
- Please overlock or stay-stitch the edges to prevent your seams opening up
I reserve the right to refuse to work on a quilt that comes to me in a state not ready for quilting. If however you feel you are unable to prepare the quilt ready for me, I can prepare it for you for a fee of $20.
If you need wadding and backing prices will be advised at the time you enquire about your quilt being quilted, prices will be the RRP of the wadding and batting in stock and worked out according to the size of your quilt.
Unfortunately I cannot accept any quilting jobs where you supply wool wadding as I am allergic. I am happy to suggest other machine quilters if you really desire wool wadding.
I generally use Rasant threads on the machine, however will use other threads if requested (please ensure they are of good quality). Thread charges are assessed on a quilt-by-quilt basis.
Please post your quilts to:
PO Box 399
Locals to the NSW Central Coast (Gosford) – you can drop off and pick up your quilts from me at pre-arranged time from Gosford Sewing Machine Centre, 38A William Street Gosford (next to the ramp to Woolies and opposite Kibble Park).
Customers work on the machine…